A Confession To You


Hey friends! I really enjoy writing some poems on my own time and they are just for fun. I would like to share them with you on my blog too! Any constructive feedback would be very helpful. Thanks in advance! 



A Confession To You

You’re the first person I think of whenever I have news,

Even more the first person I want to text whenever I find a random bruise.


People say that means something,

But I don’t know what that means,

Because the thing about romance novels is that they don’t write the behind the scenes.


Like for example,

I saw you the other day,

And I wish you would stay.


But I was just thinking how lucky I must be,

That you actually exist at the same exact time as me. 


I chose to stand far away and I did not greet,

I think at that moment I felt too weak. 


You’re the first person I look for in the room,

But I don’t know about you so I will not assume.


I stood there, pretending to pay attention to the team,

While constantly thinking you’re the most beautiful person that I’ve ever seen.


Eventually, it’s over and people left. 

You packed up your bag, stood up and go,

While I have all these feelings that you might never know.


Sometimes I wonder if you feel like this too, 

Having thoughts that you so desperately wished someone knew.


Maybe you don’t know that your smile tends to change, 

And there is a smile that makes me melt in exchange. 


Did you know, you’re the person I want to tell a joke?

Because hearing your laugh puts back many pieces of my heart that broke.


Your smile always reflects in your eyes,

Like a gentle sun beaming in the cold that would suffice.


If I could write books if I could choreograph a dance,

I would better express these feelings so you could give me a chance.


Most times I try my hardest to reflect,

Of what I can do to make myself more perfect.

But deep in my heart, I know that it is tough,

Because in the realm of people, I would never be enough.


Perhaps I thought I would be more alert,

At seeing the signs to protect myself from the many times I’ve been hurt 

But then again what do I know, 

You’re the person I really hope that would never let me go. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#8 Top 10 things I CANNOT live without

#7 NUS Aquathlon family