#9 Freediving in Bali

 Hey my friends!

It has been a while since my last blog! I am now finding more time to blog about things I am passionate about and enjoy doing. If there are any other topics, you guys are interested in or want me to blog about, please let me know! DMs and comments are welcome. πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡


Let's Begin! Freediving! 

I had a lot of fun in Bali with a friend and we both got certified for Wave 1 Freediving! We went to Freedive Nusa. https://freedivenusa.com/ 

They offer a few options and packages for freediving trips as well as certifications. The instructors are very friendly too! ☺☺ For Wave 1, we managed to dive to 12m comfortably with one breath. We also learnt what to do if our buddy were to blackout during their freedive. 


Bonus: We saw Mola Mola during our training! (Sunfish) πŸ˜πŸ™Œ



Why Freediving and what is freediving? 🌊

Initially, I was afraid of freediving because I watched many blackouts due to breath-holding in the water while freediving. However, I wanted to challenge myself and explore the underwater world more. Freediving is simply diving in and swimming beneath the surface of the water for a prolonged time, without any breathing device. Simply put it, diving but without the oxygen tank! 

  


Why Bali? πŸ’™

Here are just some reasons why I chose to get certified in Bali rather than in Singapore: 
- Blue waters 🌊
- Great cafes with good food and are affordable 
- Diverse marine life 🐠
- Good water visibility (compared to Singapore) πŸ’«
- Holiday in Bali after the certification! 


 
 


Importance of certification 

It is important to get a certification as freedivers will learn how to rescue their partner if anything goes south during freediving. Freediving should always be done in pairs so that both parties can take care of each other. Furthermore, certification is to ensure you can clear your ears instead of hurting your eardrums while diving deeper. It can also help you learn to dive deeper with proper duck dive techniques and be safe while freediving. 

You can also meet new people and make friends with similar interests by getting certified or freediving with a centre! 




Thanks for reading! Catch you on my next blog. πŸ˜›πŸ’–












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#10 Getting my diving certification!

A Confession To You